Monday, May 17, 2004

Welcome to crazy math

Hi, you've just arrived at crazy math, my own little corner on the web where I post random wierd ideas about stuff I think is interesting. Most of it has to do with math, etc. Most of it is pretty crazy and naieve, but hey we're having fun... Without further adieu, here's a random crazy idea for the day:

Harmonic quantum computing

The idea is this -- I don't know how nasty the math is for this (i.e., is it possible? Does anyone care?), but I had this idea the other night that it might be possible to build a hybrid classical/quantum computer. Instead of trying to keep a quantum system in the state of coherence for a long period of time (i.e., more than a few seconds), is it possible to design a system that oscillates between classical and quantum states? If so, then perhaps a computer could be built to take advanatage of this state flipping to perform both classical and quantum computations. I'm just barely beginning to pound into my head the math behind quantum computing, if you want more information check out this wonderful site. There are some obvious problems with this (how do you store all the information from the quantum cycle during the classical cycle), so I doubt it'd be terribly useful. It's fun to think about, though.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?